Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nice days...

There are always a couple of days throughout winter that are much warmer than the norm. This past weekend was one of those times. We enjoyed 60-degree weather on Saturday and Sunday and it was in the 50s on Monday. The kids enjoyed being outside nearly all the time.

Nana and PawPaw took the boys and Tammy to the Mill Mountain Zoo on Saturday. They had lots of fun and had lots of stories to share when they returned. Of course I didn't take my camera with me on that trip, so I didn't have any of the boys seeing the animals.

We also celebrated Granny's birthday by going to the Homeplace for dinner. The Homeplace is family-style restaurant where they bring you everything and set it on the table. You eat as much as you want and they keep refilling the bowls. Everything is southern-style too - so it's delicious. We enjoyed fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, pinto beans, biscuits (with fresh apple butter), coleslaw, gravy, chow-chow and cobbler topped with icecream for dessert. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shanan, I have a good picture of the boys and Tammy with Ruby the Tiger..I'll get it to you soon.