Tuesday, March 31, 2009

more birthday treats

Part of Jake's gift to me was money for a pedicure. Of course I jumped right on that because that is one of my favorite things in the world.
I went to a newer place and loved it. I walked in and picked out my pink polish and then sat in a comfy massage chair. While my feet soaked and my back was being massaged, I had the opportunity to watch the new James Bond movie that was showing on flat screens on 3 walls of the room. I admit I preferred to read a magazine because I didn't see the beginning of the movie to want to catch the end.
The girl spent 30 minutes massaging my legs. It was AWESOME! They even did a parafin wax on my feet to make them soft and silky. And once my toes were drying there was another movie in. When all was said and done, the girl asked if I wanted to stay and watch the movie since there weren't any new customers coming in. Of course it would have been nice to sit in a chair massaging my back more while watching another movie, but I had to get back home.
I'll definitely be going back. Too bad it costs money for such services. Maybe one day when we're rich and famous then I could do it more frequently!


When I got home, there was a knock at the door from a chain smoking flower delivery guy. The flowers were beautiful and I couldn't wait to see who they were from. I should have guessed it was Kim - because she's always so thoughtful.

Thanks Kim for such beautiful flowers!
Love you!

No comments: