Friday, June 19, 2009

Apology???



In this day and age when people can't take responsibility for anything and blame others for everything, Congress has nothing better to do than apologize for slavery. Seriously?

I can not believe that tax money and peoples' time and effort have been spent for an apology of something that occurred a lifetime ago! Did any of us have anything to do with slavery? Maybe our ancestors, but come on!



There is a time and season for everything... apparently people in our country in Civil War times felt it necessary to enslave people. But we got past it and have moved on, haven't we? Are we going to continue to dwell on the past, or learn from history and run with it????



So that's my 2 cents on things. I'm not going to claim I know anything about anything, but I sure was rubbed the wrong way when I heard about this apology.

No comments: