Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Post of Thanks



I love this time of year because it helps us to sit down and really think about the things we've been given.  For Family Home Evening this week I cut some leaves out with my Cricut and we all gathered around to talk of the things we are thankful for.  Each of us had the chance to say 3 or 4 things and we wrote them down on the leaves.  The boys were then able to color them and make them unique.  I plan to make a garland for the dining room so that we can be reminded over and over again.

Here are some of the things I am thankful for...

the gospel of Jesus Christ
my family and the chance we have to be together for eternity
my calling in Primary
our home
Jake's job
my new Scentsy "career"
healthy children
food to eat
Satellite TV
high speed internet
Dr Pepper - even though I haven't had any for a couple of weeks
Four seasons
our freedoms in this great country
wonderful friends and neighbors
Virginia
etc, etc, etc

Here are some of the things the boys said...

our family
clean water
Mrs Carder-Smith (that was Wyatt's - she's his teacher)
Christmas
food
sports
grandparents
my passy (from Travis)
nursery (also from Travis)





No comments: