Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wood Badge

 Lately my life has been so crazy - hence no updates on the blog.  As many of you know, I have been actively involved in Cub Scouts since Brad started going nearly 2  years ago.  With that I've taken on responsibilities - and of course my calling allows me to be even more involved in the pack.

18 months ago, Jake did a Wood Badge course.  Many people have asked me what Wood Badge is...  It's a quick paced leadership training for adults.  Jake earned his beads at a huge WB dinner where they were telling guests about the next course.  So I decided it was my turn.

2 weeks ago I headed up to camp with my backpack of stuff.  I had no idea what to expect as I had never been to the Boy Scout camp near us and people don't talk about the content of WB.  Let me just say it was an intense weekend.  Not only was it colder than dog snot (we woke up to snow on Sunday morning) but we were thrown into situations that really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  It's like a leadership boot camp!

I am part of the Fox Patrol.  So I have included a pic of our fearless mascot.

Jake is part of the Beaver Patrol.

Once a critter, always a critter!  So from here on out I will be known as a Fox and Jake will be a Beaver.

So this weekend is my last camping portion of the course.  I'm looking forward to it, but will have to stretch out of my comfort zone again.  Oh yeah, and it's supposed to rain ALL DAY Friday.  So we'll be setting up camp in a soggy mess.  But we'll do it with a smile! :)


No comments: