Saturday, January 24, 2009

Painting, again...

OK, I know I posted some pictures about a month or so ago showing the contrast between the old MBR and the primed MBR. Well today I'm proud to announce that the ugly and drab gold is gone for good. Today will complete the painting project of the MBR.


Last weekend I took time to paint the ceiling. It looked so nice all trimmed out and even toned - and not gold!!! Once the ceiling was done, I went to Lowes and got 2 gallons of our new color. I had taken home MANY swatches for us to choose from. I looked at them all a couple of different times during the day to see what the different lights looked like on the colors. Jake really liked the lighter green, so we went with it. The name of the color is

Homestead Spa Green.

Doesn't that sound so calming? I really wanted a color that could help us relax and enjoy our space. I didn't want a cave or something too bright. This actually turned out very nicely since our room is so big.


The next step is getting window treatments and accessories for the room. I'm going with browns. The curtains will be a Chocolate Brown and other accents will vary from khaki to chocolate. I can't wait to see the finished project soon.


Once the MBR is done, it's time to move on to the bath. At least it's a smaller space, but I'm still not really looking forward to the work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it all finished!! I love color on the walls