Thursday, January 29, 2009

Proud Momma

I know you know those days when your kids are driving you nuts and you don't think you can make it to bedtime without another meltdown (from you, not them)! Oh yeah, the unexpected snow days, the expected and dreaded Teacher Work days and those summer days when you think the summer will never end! My boys are definitely ones to know what buttons of mine to push if they want me to go ballistic. They're really good at bringing out the referee in me too. Many of those moments I wonder if they act that heinous for others when I'm not around.

Well today I received the best compliment a mother could get... I had to go the dentist to have a bracket put back on. Since the kids were 2 hours late to go to school, all 3 boys had to go with me to my appointment. As soon as we got there, they took me back so I told the boys to sit tight I wouldn't be long. When I was finished I headed to the waiting room to assess the damage. One of the receptionists called me to the window and said that I had the most well-behaved children. I couldn't help but smile.

I guess all of the meltdowns and screaming matches and spats at home stay behind closed doors. My boys can be civil when I'm not around to give them the look of death or to grab their arm quickly to remind them to stay in line! I don't give myself any credit for their actions because I think they just instinctively know that they should exhibit respect to others outside of the home.

I'm ever grateful for my boys. I know we can get on each others' nerves, but what families don't? I am definitely one proud momma!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are the best behaved! I seriously mean it! That's why we don't mind having them over here. I love having Wyatt in primary. He's very reverent. So, I guess they just misbehave at home.