Monday, January 12, 2009

Test Results

Well we went to see Dr Rana (the neurologist) again today to find out the results of Wyatt's tests. Thankfully his CT scan was normal - so no crazy things growing in his brain or anything!!! She did mention that the picture of his sinuses showed some inflammation. She remarked that it could just be due to the season and that lots of people are suffering with all kinds of upper respiratory issues now. I say bologna to that because he always has issues breathing. I think our next trip will be to an ENT!!!

We're going to keep him on the Topomax for another month and then gradually wean him from it. Hopefully it will have made the impact on his system that it needed. She also said to continue with the Flonase (even though at the last visit she told us that can cause more headaches.) Whatever! I'll do it just because I'm tired of listening to him snort and try to breathe - at least until we see that ENT!

He's still complaining of his eyes hurting and he squints a LOT! I need to make an appointment for myself with the eye doctor, so I'm going to get him in too. Maybe some questions can be answered after an eye exam.

So the search is still on for all of his issues, but at least he's not having any more headaches right now. Thankfully he's back to normal in that respect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, hopefully the meds will help for now.

It's not abnormal for a professional to not know the answers. The further I get the more I realize that I don't know ANYTHING and that other people may only know a little. heh heh.

Maybe Wyatt squints a lot because he's actually wincing. Could be the reaction he gets to the budding love affair between his brother and his cousin. tee hee!

Anonymous said...

You're crazy, Chad!

Anonymous said...

ahhh... yes, the eye doctor. its like a second home here... find a great pediatric opto. worth every penny.... they arent glasses happy like some eye docs can be. eye exams are horrible (trust me, we go every 3 months with one child or another, we have some on an every year, 2 on an every 6 months, and 1 who has to go every 3 months.... my boys all get bad headaches and irritablility issues when glasses are wrong prescription/broken... good luck there...

Anonymous said...

oh, and great news abt the scan... that is so scary...