Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movin' on up!

Our baby is no longer a baby and needs to get out of the crib. Well that, and we are passing the crib down to baby Ian and he's now here needing the bed in a couple of months.

Wyatt, Travis and I loaded into the truck and headed to Big Lots to get a new mattress for Travis' bed. We got there right after they opened because the forecast called for rain. Luckily there were no drops between Big Lots and home!!!


Travis really likes his new sheets. When we were at Walmart, he picked them out. He had a choice of Batman, Spiderman, Spongebob and Handy Manny. It was a tough decision, but he chose Handy Manny.

I told him after his nap we would put his new bed together. That gave me time to wash the sheets. As soon as he woke up and I walked in his room he said, "Handy Manny?"


None of my boys sleep with top sheets. For the first couple of years that they slept in big beds, they didn't even have a blanket other than their own little blankie. Travis is no different!


I moved Wyatt's bed too. I will likely refinish the chest of drawers that I used as a child to put between the 2 beds. This will allow more space for clothes as well as a place to put a lamp. For now, this is what it looks like. Above is a shot from the closet. Below is a shot from the door.

2 comments:

shortino said...

Those beds look familiar for some reason...

Shanan said...

Yeah, and mom and dad still had the original mattresses. Ew!