I woke up last Monday morning and decided I'd prep the walls in our bathroom for paint and then prime them. I really wasn't planning to finish the project until later in the fall, but Jake asked if I was going to the store to get paint --- so I did.
This little project cost a lot more than I was planning. For anyone that saw the bathroom before, you know the walls were burgundy and the ceiling was gold. So not only did I have to do the walls, I had to do the ceiling too. In order to do that I had to go buy ceiling paint as well as the brown that went on the walls. And when we took the mirror down (because we wanted to replace it with the one from the 1/2 bath downstairs) we saw a nice hole in the drywall that needed fixing. Thankfully we already had a light fixture - also recycled from the 1/2 bath.
I then got new towel bars and curtain rod. The curtain was the inspiration for the walls. One of the stripes was the exact color I was looking for. Now I think the walls look like they have chocolate milk on them. It's a great color - especially to brighten up the space.
The next step is to talk Jake into letting me paint the vanity white. We didn't touch up the trim along the floor because Jake will likely put tile down later this fall.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the room. I want to order some fabric to make a new shower curtain sometime in the future. It will then tie the bathroom in with the decor of the bedroom.