Saturday, January 9, 2010

Brotherly Love

I have to say that having 3 boys doesn't often bring those tender moments that a mother can witness, but I was blessed with one the other night.

When it comes bathing, our boys have very different outlooks.  Travis LOVES baths or showers and would take them multiple times a day if we let him.  Wyatt is pretty indifferent about the whole thing.  And Brad thinks it's ridiculous that we ask him to bathe more than once a week. 
When we ask them to take a shower, I often give Travis a choice of who he would like to shower with.  Most of the time his answer is Wyatt.  I don't know if it's because Wyatt is gentler about getting soap out of his hair or if it's because Wyatt will still take a bath with him on occassion where they laugh and make a big mess.  For whatever reason he chose to shower with Wyatt the other night.

Before heading upstairs Wyatt asked that I go up and help with the water.  So they took off up the steps before me, but none of us were in any big hurry.  While walking Wyatt turned over his shoulder to ask if they could take a bath instead of a shower.  So I asked Travis if that was fine with him.  Travis looked up at Wyatt and said, "Yes!"

And that's when I noticed it...  Wyatt and Travis were walking hand in hand up the steps.  It was the cutest tihng ever!!!  They held hands until they got to their room to begin undressing.  And of course they had a great time together in their bath where the water was quite deep and most of it probably ended up on the towels on the floor.

I love moments like that!  Like I said, I don't get to witness them very often, but I sure do love being a mom when I do!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Aw that's so sweet! It's so nice to see the gentler, more sensitive side to our boys every now and again :)