Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My New Hobby

I can't stay away from craft stores to save my life.  I gave up scrapbooking only to find another pretty expensive hobby.  At least I can look for sales and good deals on beads for this one.

It all started before the holidays when I found a website with a lot of really cool watch faces.  I ordered one for myself, my mom and my mother-in-law.  Then I got to work!

This is my latest band for Spring.  I needed something more colorful.  When you scroll down to see my others, you'll understand why I needed to do some brightening!!!


Here are my existing bands.  I needed a nice go-to band, so I did a black and silver one.  I use that one nearly every Sunday.  But now that I'm looking for more color, I may have to make a fushia one and maybe even an orange one.

Sorry it's such a dark picture.  I even tried altering it to lighten it up and it didn't quite work.  I like the one in the middle but don't have much to wear it with... yet!


Here is a different view of my turquoise one.  I LOVE it.  Have I expressed my feelings for it yet???

This is the last one I made for mom.  I also made 3 others for my mother-in-law.  She supplies a lot of the beads to match her outfits and then I make, make, make.  It's a lot of fun to create a piece of useful jewelry to match any outfit!

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

Very cute! I love the pink one and the black/silver one. That one can be worn with anything.

I'll need to go bead shopping with you and learn how to make it.

Kim said...

Hmmmmmm.....I can see this being a dangerous hobby. Something way cool to sell at craft fairs though?? Love em!!!