Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Shout out for Gina!

If you are looking for some great AND healthy recipes, I have the blog for you to check out!!!  You'll have to stop by and read a bit on Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes.  You can reach it by clicking here or looking in my blog roll. 



Gina uses the point system from Weight Watchers.  If you aren't familiar with how that works, food is rated by points according to the amount of fat, calories and fiber in food.  Of course the lower the number, the healthier it is!!!

I think I like her recipes so much because the majority of them are of Mexican influence.  I love me some yummy Mexican food!!!  For those of you that live in the area, you know that one of the local Walmarts is known as the Mexican Walmart...  That said, it's the one I frequent.  For whatever reason, I am baffled by the amounts of fresh veggies and meat that these great people pile in their baskets.  I'm kind of envious!  I wish I could have more fresh than processed foods.  Perhaps we can get there one day!!!

My biggest hope is that I can start feeding my family healthier foods - especially dinners.  The more I'm watching what I eat, the more I realize we are VERY unhealthy.  My Walmart run today still had quite a bit of processed foods, but there were many more fresh veggies than there used to be!

No comments: