Friday, March 19, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

Brad was sick and home from school for the majority of the week.  One morning while I was getting ready for the day, Brad was lying on my bed and Travis was playing around.  Travis found one of my little Strawberry Shortcake figures, so Brad asked if I could find the others.  So I got the case that housed all of the minis and then had to search for my dolls.

All 3 boys have appreciated my Strawberry Shortcake dolls.  They have all played with them here and there this week.  Eventually they'll be put back in my wooden box, but I'll leave them out to play for another few days.

Brad saw the camera and immediately jumped out of the picture.  Wyatt tried, but couldn't get out fast enough.  I guess they didn't want evidence of playing with dolls.

Here are a few of the dolls.  Notice shoes and hats everywhere!  The boys don't like the unruly hair of most of the dolls, so they got some of my ponytail holders to try to put their hair up.  I told them we'd have to get some little elastics for that.

This is Wyatt trying to put Blueberry Muffin's hair in a clip.  He succeeded and I have to say it looked tons better!

Travis has no shame as he poses with Lemon Meringue.  He LOVES playing with the dolls and tries to put the correct hats on each doll.

While we had all of my Strawberry Shortcake stuff out, Brad found my New Kids on the Block buttons.  He studied them a bit and asked when they were cool.  I told him that I went to their concert in March 1990.  He did the math and said, "Mom, that was 20 years ago!"  In my mind it doesn't seem that long ago.  But then again, I didn't go see the New Kids just yesterday either.  Crazy how time flies - especially when you have kids!

No comments: