Monday, March 15, 2010

Saving Money

I'm on a clipping coupons kick now!  It's amazing what you can save - especially at drugstores and such when you get their store card.  I've learned a lot from a blog Saving and Giving.  Jennifer teaches ways to save and use coupons to help you most. 

So last week was my first week visiting CVS.  I got their store card a few weeks before so I could be armed and ready.  I had a few coupons on hand, but the biggest bonus was all of the "cash back" you get for buying certain items and using my card.  I spent as much as I saved last week - but I got some great deals too and ended up with $16 in "cash back" to use in later weeks.

Today was my day to hit the store again.  Unfortunately they didn't have a lot of deals that our family could use, but I did find two steals!

General Mills Cereals  --- 2/$5
Colgate Total Toothpastes --- BOGO

I used 2 coupons for General Mills Cereals that were save $1 when you buy 2.
I also had 2 coupons to save $1 on any Colgate Total Toothpaste.
And I used $7 in my "cash back" from last week.

Total cost would have been $14.39.
With my coupons I saved $11.
Total out of pocket expense was $3.39.

I think I did pretty well for my second week of doing this.  Now if I could only save that kind of money at Walmart!  I'll get there eventually.

1 comment:

Dzmura Family said...

sign up on one of the coupon sites to get coupons you can print from online. GREAT savings!!!