I am a huge fan of saving time and money to clean my house. If I know there are simpler way to make my chores easier then I'm all for it. I ran across an awesome list of helps in the June edition of All You. I thought I'd share some of my faves...
1. Eliminate Odors - Instead of baking powder, use coffee grounds in the refrigerator to keep things smelling nice and fresh. You can use new or used grounds, just remember to replace them every month or two.
2. Chill Out - Use ice to clean the blades in your garbage disposal. It will also help to break up the grease that collects. So every few weeks throw a handful of ice in the sink and run the disposal with cold water.
3. Soften Up - Get baked-on foods off pots and pans with a dryer sheet. Place a sheet in a pot, fill with water and let sit over night. You'll be able to sponge off the gunk in the morning.
4. Use a Substitute - Out of floor cleaner??? Try Listerine mouth wash as a sub. Add a capful to a gallon of water and mop away. Just do not use it on wood floors!
5. Pretreat - After cleaning your tub, sink or shower, wipe the atera with baby oil or lemon oil. Do this only once or twice a month and it will allow dirty water to bead and roll down the drain cutting down on elbow grease for the next cleaning.
6. Scrubbing Bubbles - Freshen the toilet bowl with denture tabs or antacid. Drop two in the water and let it soak for about 20 minutes, brush and flush. A can of cola dumped for an hour will do the same thing!
7. Remove Mud with a Spud - Slice a potato in half and gently rub the cut end on a muddy slipcover or comforter. Soak the fabric in cool water, then throw it in your next load of laundry.
8. Erase Every Trace - Have walls that your children used as a canvas??? Mist the wall with hairspray and wipe immediately to remove colored marker. For crayon, scrub with a toothpaste-covered toothbrush, or gently massage with baking soda and a damp microfiber cloth.
I hope some of these tips can help you too. I think they are great hints to make our lives as parents much easier!!!