Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cake Pops

In December I tried my hand at Cake Pops for a cookie exchange I did with a bunch of people Jake works with.  I made lemon with vanilla coating, chocolate with mint chocolate coating and strawberry with chocolate coating.  All were good and the presentation was pretty nice too.  Too bad I didn't think to take a picture until they were packed up in the box to go.

Then my friend, Hannah had her baby shower today.  I offered to make a "bouquet" of cake pops.  They turned out pretty cute.  The blue ones have white cake in the middle and the white ones have chocolate cake. Each of them has mint chocolate drizzled on them for an added zing.



I got lots of compliments on them.  They fit perfectly into the hostesses cake plate that was silver.  It looked awfully nice!  

One of the girls attending the shower is getting married this summer.  She kept commenting on them and I told her I'd make some for her bridal shower.  Her colors are Oranges.  So I think I might try to swirl some oranges together to make it look cool.  I'll make sure I take pictures of those when I get them done.

4 comments:

Heather Dawn said...

These came out darling! Great job!

Shorter family said...

Those are adorable!

Dzmura Family said...

YUMMO!! Are they easy?

J, K, L, and D said...

You might just be my hero. I must learn to make these (& keep myself from eating them too, of course)...