Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Cole Brothers Circus

So let me preface this by saying the last time I went to a circus was when I was 5.  I don't remember anything about it either.  But in my mind when I thought of a circus I pictured poor elephants chained up, a mangy tiger that had no fierceness anymore, clowns that aren't so happy, etc, etc.  So when the Pearsons asked if we wanted to go to the circus with them I wasn't too excited and really wasn't sure what to expect.
 
After locating discount tickets and putting on warmer clothes, we headed to the fair grounds where they had the circus tent.  We bought our extremely expensive tickets and got in line for a funnel cake to tide us over until we could eat dinner afterward.  We didn't have to wait too long to enter the tent.
 
When we got inside we sat in the general admission seats (which weren't the best!)  After sitting for a little while Frank got up and came back telling us we got better seats.  He had paid for us to get an upgrade.  So we sat front and center!  It was much better.
 
There was a ring leader and cheesy clowns, but it really got good when they pulled out the tigers!!!

 
 
The tigers were gorgeous!  They had 6 white tigers and 1 bengal.  They were fierce and growled, but did everything the lady asked them to do.  It was awesome!  They looked like big kitties that would have been fun to cuddle up with - if they wouldn't rip you apart!!!
 
 

There were acrobats (which were my favorite), dog's performing, motorcycles in a cage (which was scary thinking they would crash) and elephants!!!

 The elephants were quite fantastic.  There were 4 of them.  The baby was the cutest!  There was one part where the 2 smallest started around the circle and then started to "skip" to the music.  It was so cute.  They were a lot of fun and had a lot of personality.
 
So overall, the circus performances lasted 90 minutes.  And it was worth the money that we paid to get in.  I don't know that we'll ever do it again, but I'm glad we went. 


No comments: