Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trucks and Tractors

Jake decided to look through some old stuff the other night and found some old pics.  I decided they couldn't stay in hiding any longer and scanned them in to be able to share with everyone.

When I think of my college years, I think of a few things...
Good Times
Enjoyable Major
Horrible General Ed Classes
My Tom-Boy Ways
Awesome Roommates

I could go on and on.  I have very fond memories of my days at BYU.  I won't lie, it took a lot of adjusting to get used to Utah.  But by the time I graduated I had learned to love its unique beauty.  In fact, I spent a lot of time in the outdoors!  Most of the pictures that I found were of me and friends out playing.

(winter 97/98)

This snowy pic reminds me of a good day.  My roommate Danielle and I were asked to go snowmobiling with some guys in our ward - Joe, Riley and Jeff.  Riley's parents lived in Coalville and had lots of fun toys.  We spent the day out on the snow - and had a blast!  (I recall another trip to Coalville where we went 4-wheeling.  Like I said, lots of toys!)  

This trip was when Danielle and Riley sparked an interest in each other.  Sure, it had to grow through the school year, but now they are happily married with 3 great kids.


This pic was taken in Island Park, Idaho my freshman year.  I can't remember when we were there.  It was in the '95-'96 schoolyear though..  I was there with two of my roommates, Marci and Christy.  We saw this tractor and I had to pose with it.  

There wasn't much snow here, but it was quite chilly.  I loved it!  And Christy and I got to see our first moose - from a distance.  Idaho may not have a ton of beauty, but it sure has its treasures. 



No comments: